Recently, VMware announced VMware Anywhere Workspace, a solution that enables distributed organizations to truly embrace an anywhere workforce.
The need for a new approach to distributed work
In the past, remote work could often mean a poorer user experience, collaboration challenges and less visibility for security teams. But as it became clear that companies will be embracing the benefits of distributed and hybrid work in a permanent shift, addressing the resulting technology challenges became a top concern.
With a distributed workforce, companies face the challenge of managing the performance of distant devices and networks. Employees must onboard and access all the resources they need while completely remote. Environments have a broader attack surface as perimeter-based security models are stretched to the breaking point. And the proliferation of devices, apps and cloud services increases the workload for IT.
What VMware Anywhere Workspace offers
VMware Anywhere Workspace offers a solution to manage multi-modal employee experience, secure the distributed edge and automate the workspace. It does this with VMware’s unique ability to bring together innovative end-user computing, networking and security technologies:
- VMware Workspace ONE provides unified endpoint management, desktop and app virtualization, and a variety of employee experience, productivity, and security related solutions.
- VMware Carbon Black Cloud brings cloud-native endpoint and workload protection.
- VMware SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) combines SD-WAN capabilities with cloud-delivered security functions, including cloud web security, zero trust network access and firewalling. These capabilities are delivered as-a-service from a global network of points of presence (PoPs).
VMware Anywhere Workspace features integrations to increase the value for distributed workforces. With VMware Secure Access, the conditional access and tunneling capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE are combined with the SD-WAN and SASE capabilities of VMware SASE. With the Workspace Security Solution, VMware Workspace ONE and VMware Horizon come together with VMware Carbon Black to provide IT and security teams with greater visibility into threats and powerful options for remediation. There are more unique integrations planned over time.
Dell Unified Workspace and Dell Connected Provisioning
VMware partners with Dell Technologies on Unified Workspace, a portfolio of products and services powered by Workspace ONE to provide modern deployment, management, security and support. Dell Technologies Unified Workspace includes services like drop-ship provisioning, as well as products like VMware Carbon Black.
This year, customers can now take advantage of Dell Connected Provisioning, a more streamlined version of drop-ship provisioning. This is another solution that is especially valuable in the era of distributed work.
Digital Employee Experience Management
As companies embrace on the Anywhere Workspace journey, employee experience is becoming top of mind. One of the key challenges IT faces when enabling employees to work from anywhere and from any device is visibility into the digital employee experience. VMware’s Digital Employee Experience Management (DEEM), powered by Workspace ONE Intelligence, helps customers overcome this challenge. DEEM monitors digital workspace KPIs impacting employee experience and delivers unified visibility and insights across desktop and mobile devices and apps, empowering IT to proactively identify issues across their entire environment.
We also announced that Workspace ONE Intelligence will be available as a standalone offering for unmanaged and third-party managed devices. This offering will be sold through Dell Technologies Unified Workspace and is expected to be available in VMware’s Q2FY22.
Join us at Dell Technologies World 2021
Please join us for our on-demand sessions at Dell Technologies World 2021, May 5 and 6:
- The Remote Work Era: What Every Unified Workspace Needs, with Jason Roszak, VP of Product Management, VMware Workspace ONE, VMware.
- The Building Block for Emerging Security and Work-from-Home Strategies, with Greg Walton, Partner Business Manager, VMware.
- Securing Workloads in Today’s Hybrid Environments, James Alliband, Security Strategist, VMware.